To upload an Avatar (the small picture or yourself which appears by your name), follow the following steps in this order.
• Go to the User Control Panel, top left of the page (after you have logged in).
• Hit the Profile Tab at the top of that page.
• Click Edit Avatar left hand column.
• Images must be 100 pixels x 100 pixels, maximum.
• If your image is larger than 100 pixels x 100 pixels, it will not upload and you'll need to resize it yourself. The forum software DOES NOT resize your image for you. Resize image to 100 pixels x 100 pixels, maximum and save it somewhere on your computer where you can find it.
• Click Choose File to upload from your computer.
• Navigate to where you saved your file on your computer, select the file, push Submit.
• That's it!
1) If you don't have a photo resizing application, search for "Free Photo Resizing application" on Google to find a free program to download or use one of the online services which will resize images.
2) If you still can't accomplish resizing your image after following these instructions, perhaps another member of the forum can help you resize your image. It never hurts to ask!
(Many thanks to Doreen Peri for these instructions)